Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Has Arrived in the Mountains!

(the above image is one I took during fall peak a few years ago)

So the last two days have been amazing. Temperatures have finally cooled off here in the mountains (highs in the low 60s). I absolutely adore this time of year! It has to be my favorite. Today has been rainy and cool, but I'm okay with the rain. We've needed it so badly, and I'm really hoping the rain causes us to have some beautiful fall colors this year. Well, since this weather has me so giddy, I decided to go buy some pumpkins and gourds and some locally made apple cider. I also decided to make chili today, one of my favorite fall foods. So in honor of fall, I've decided to share some photos of my fall decorations and the deliciousness that was the cider and chili I made today. :)


 My female scarecrow.

 The gourd and one of the pumpkins I bought.

Some of the decorations in the house. 
                                                    
 More decorations in the house.

Chili and cider....yummy!
                                                  
 Our mantle all decorated for fall. :D

 Yeah, I have hot mulled cider in this cup. Soooo delicious!!!!

And ending with my little scarecrow man. :)

No comments: