Monday, February 6, 2012

{Western NC Portrait and Wedding Photographer} One Thousand Gifts: February 6, 2011

So, I haven't done yesterday's blog for my Joy Dare yet, but I promise to do it this week. Those gifts are back home in Bat Cave, and I don't have photos of them with me in Sanford. Yeah, in case you haven't gathered, I am not at home. I'm visiting my parents in Sanford, NC so I can love on my mommy. We've both had a few rough weeks, and we just kinda need each other, so I'm here. Tomorrow we are going to spend the whole day just the two of us! I can't wait. This afternoon, she and I were able to escape for a walk just the two of us. We both brought our cameras to look for our 3 gifts for today which were 3 gifts found outside.

So here are my 3 gifts from today:
That's my mommy in the background taking pictures. This picture represents my walk outside with my mom. It was great to just walk and talk with her. It's soooo difficult living 4 hours away from her, and I miss her so ridiculously much. Right now I'm just enjoying every minute I can have with her.

Really cool weed/leaf thing

More beautiful dead weeds. I love how something dead can be so beautiful to me. It makes me think of Gungor's song, Beautiful Things. The chorus says, "You make beautiful things out of the dust"

Yeah, I know this is more than 3, but who says I can't have more than 3 gifts in a day. The fungi on this tree was so cool.



No comments: