Wednesday, February 1, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 22 & 23, January 30th and 31st, 2012

I'm getting caught up on my Joy Dare. Hopefully tonight, February 1st will be on time.


January 30, 2012 = 3 old things seen new
1. God's word. It is as old as time, but He always shows me something new every time I pick it up.


2. Me. I have been so thankful here recently for Christ making me new every day. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.[b] The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

3. Date time. My husband and I have gone on hundreds of dates in the almost 10 years we've been together so dates are old to us, but every date is also new. On this day we had a lunch date a Chick-Fil-A. Yeah, I know it's not fancy, but it's time for us to sit together and enjoy each other's conversation. Plus Chick-Fil-A's new grilled chicken nuggets are the bomb diggaty!

January 21, 2012 = a gift found on paper, in a person, in a picture

1. A gift found on paper, my husband's wedding vows to me. I saw these on my bed side table, and I read through them. I'm thankful God gave me a man after his own heart to be my husband. I am so blessed.

My handsome husband.
2. A gift found in a person, alone time with my husband. We don't get alone time very often, and when we do we usually have something to do. But on the morning of 1-31-12, we had a couple of hours just to enjoy each other's company. It was so wonderful, and I'm so thankful we had it.

3. A gift found in a picture. I was looking through my wedding pictures on facebook, and I found this one:
This is my Granny Jo pinning Eric's boutonniere to his shirt before our wedding. Granny Jo passed away unexpectedly on July 2, 2011, and I so regret not taking more photos of her. I can't believe as a photographer that I haven't taken more photos when I've gone to visit my family. Granny Jo's death has really made me check myself to make sure I'm recording my own memories as well as those of my clients. A picture can mean so much to you when a loved one has gone on. I am so thankful I have this picture of a special moment between my husband and my Granny Jo. She really loved him. :)

No comments: