Monday, January 30, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 18, 19, 20, & 21, January 26, 27, 28, & 29, 2012

I am getting sooo behind on my blogging. Goodness gracious, I just realized how many days I've missed. This past weekend was a little chaotic because we had another kiddo in our home for respite care, so I was pretty beat by the end of every day. So, now I'm going to try and catch up. Maybe I can stay on top of this Joy Dare after this. We shall see.

January 26th: a gift before 9am, a gift before noon, and a gift after dark.
1. Before 9am = getting my kiddo to the bus stop on time. Mornings are rough with our kiddo, so it's always a blessing to actually make it to the bus stop on time.
2. Before noon = A good therapy session for my kiddo.
3. After dark = amazing stars. Here's a pic:
January 27, 2012 = 3 gifts that might never have been
1. My son. For so many reason my son might never have been. For one, I didn't really want to have kids until God allowed me to get pregnant and then have a miscarriage. I didn't realize how much I desired to mother a child until then. God used my broken heart for good. He changed me. Two, God broke my heart for foster care, when I couldn't ever see myself doing something like this. And three, my boy was saved from abuse and neglect, and there is no telling what could have happened to him. I am so blessed to have a 7 year old son, even though most days I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

2. Exercise. I say this because it takes alot of motivation and discipline to consistently exercise. I used to exercise religiously, 6 days a week, sometimes several times a day. Then after my miscarriage, I went into somewhat of a depression, and I quit caring. I quit exercising and eating healthy, and I put on 50lbs in 2 years. Yeah, hardcore. A month after my kiddo moved in with us, I decided I needed to make a change. I need to be a healthy example for him. I started doing Weight Watchers, and I have gotten back into exercising. I've lost 35 of those 50 pounds. Only 15 more to go. I'm working hard to get rid of it. So here's a pic of me after I finished my work-out. Not too pretty, but I got it done!
3. My marriage. Seriously, in high school, my husband was a bit geeky. I didn't like him in a romantic way at all even though he liked me the whole time we were friends. Everyone would tease us saying we were going to get married one day, but I was set on the fact that we would not. I didn't like him like that, and I only wanted to be friends with him. Well, he went off to college, got a little cuter, and he started to pursue me. To my surprise, he won my heart. I adore him, and I say this quite often, but I can't imagine doing life with anyone else. Here is a picture of my husband and me when I was still in high school. We had maybe been dating a year at this point.

January 28, 2012 = 3 graces found in your friends
1. Acceptance
2. Encouragement
3. Accountability

January 29, 2012 = a song heard, a soft word, where you saw light
1. A song heard was "Beautiful Things" by Gungor. My husband and I sang this song together at church tonight. It has been a song that has encouraged me so much in my mess of a life. It's such a blessing to know that God can make beautiful things out of my mess. Here is a link to listen to the song: Beautiful Things

This is my husband and Sunday morning. He was looking super handsome.
2. A soft word, my husband telling me to just cry and let it out. This morning was awful! Our kiddo had one of the worst tantrums, and the little boy we had for respite care had a couple of tantrums at church. It just was not our morning. My husband and I were both to the point of tears. My husband is the most calm and even tempered person I know, and it takes so much to get him so upset, but today was one of those days. He was still such a comfort to me when we were both having such a hard time.


3.Where I saw light, in the eyes of my little boy as he was singing praises to Jesus tonight. He's so precious, and loves Jesus and music. It's funny how we can have such a horrible morning, but then our kid can be so incredibly sweet later that night.



No comments: