Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Sunrise 2010

Ever since Eric and I moved to the mountains, we have led the music for the Easter Sunrise Service on top of Chimney Rock. This has to be the most beautiful sunrise service I've ever been a part of. Every year thousands of people come to our area just for this sunrise service because of it's absolute splendor. Most years the weather is horribly cold on top of the rock. People come bundled up in their warmest clothes with tons of blankets.

This year was unusual though. Eric and I always have to get to Chimney Rock around 4:30 am to set up the sound system and do sound checks, and I usually freeze for two hours before the service starts. Well, this year we reached the top of the mountain, and I was pleasantly surprised. I got out of our church van, and I couldn't believe how warm it was. I didn't even need a jacket! It was absolutely gorgeous. I don't think we could have had any more perfect weather.

We received such a blessing from the service. Something else that was different this year, was we had someone do the special music for us, so we just had to lead the congregationals. The man that shared in song with us obviously loved the Lord, and I feel he touched many hearts with his beautiful songs. This year they started the service a little early, so I was actually able to get pictures of the sun coming up. I'm usually singing while the sun is coming up. :D So, I wanted to share some pics from the service. It was gorgeous, and yes you should be jealous because you don't live here. hehe

This photo is a few minutes after the sun was completely up. I love this view. The mountain ranges, the morning fog, Lake Lure...it's just breath-taking.
This photo is another one I took. I loved the lens flare and starbust effect I got on the sun here. To get this effect you need to stop your aperture down to as small as it will go. In my lens' case it's f22.
Well, after the sunrise service we went and had breakfast at church. We had an incredible service at our church yesterday morning. Our choir led 7 songs, and God made His presence so obvious to us. He was definitely there, and He proved it even more through our Pastor's message. I know I say it all the time, but God is so much better than good. He chooses to bless us beyond measure when we are so far from deserving.

Well, I want to share one more photo with you from Easter. That evening Olivia Lee came over to our house with her big brother. She was gracious enough to let me take a few pictures of her. Here is one of my favorites of this beautiful little girl.
I hope you all had a wonderfully blessed Easter, and that you remembered why we as Christians celebrate Easter. Jesus Christ is alive! Hallelujah!

No comments: