Monday, March 15, 2010

Afternoon at Lake Lure


So this afternoon was so wonderful. My husband and I went and picked Jaidyn up from his preschool, and we hung out with him for a few hours. We went to McDonald's and got happy meals, and then we went to Wal-Mart to buy a basketball and a football.
Jaidyn made me laugh so much. He's only four years old, but sometimes he acts like he's 30. I asked him if he wanted his apples, and he replied, "That would be a yes." I've never heard a 4 year old say that. He's so funny. He's also precious b/c he knows all the words to almost every song that plays on our local Christian radio station. It blesses my heart to hear him sing along to songs like Revelation Song and any Toby Mac song.
Anyway, we played basketball and football for a little while at the park, but Jaidyn's favorite part of the afternoon was walking around Lake Lure. During the winter, they lower the water levels at Lake Lure, so there are beachy areas all around the lake. Jaidyn had so much fun looking at the ducks and picking up rocks and throwing them in the lake. It was just so much fun. I took lots of pictures, and Jaidyn even took a few of me and Eric. He loves my camera. :) Here is one picture I took of Eric and Jaidyn down by the lake.

No comments: