Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Running

So, I love running! I've been running on my treadmill b/c the weather hasn't been great, and the other day the weather was beautiful and I was going to go running on my road. My run was cut very short and sent back to the treadmill when I came face to face with a coyote. It was during the middle of the day and it was only 20-30 feet away from me, so I got back inside as fast as I could b/c I was worried it might have rabies or something. Sorry, no pics to share of the potentially rabid coyote.

Today though, I did get to run outside. Instead of my house, I went to Lake Lure, and it was soooo beautiful. The trees have started blooming with flowers and the bees and butterflies were flying around. It was so great to breath that warm air into my lungs. I didn't run at all this winter, but not I'm trying to get back into top running form so I can run in my first race on May 1st. I'm pretty excited about it. It's to raise awareness and help stop childhood obesity. Anyway, just wanted to share about running. I think fitness should be a top priority for people. It makes you feel so incredible, and it's incredible for you! :)

Oh yeah, I didn't have a good picture to go with this post, so here is one from last spring's dragon boat races where we came in 3rd place. :)

No comments: