Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm New To This


I've never been a blogger, but I'd really like to get into now with my photography. I'll be posting more in the future, hopefully several times a week. Maybe I'll keep you interested. :D Here's a photo from the farm I grew up on in North Carolina. I was going to meet my parents for breakfast, and this is the sunrise I saw as I drove by our farm. I pulled in the driveway and took this picture.

Anyway, my husband and I went to visit our hometown a few weeks ago. We were going to the church I grew up in to do a concert to raise support for a mission trip we are taking. We are actually planning this mission trip to Southern Sudan. We've both, especially me, have had hearts for Sudan for several years. God opened up doors for us to meet a missionary from Sudan last summer, and we've been talking with this man ever since. We are so excited, and I can't wait to see what God is going to do. I know it's going to be difficult and challenging, but I also know we will come away from it completely changed and closer to God. We recommend the book, Crazy Love by Francis Chan, to anyone. It has made us even more passionate about doing God's work. To just be crazy in love with Jesus and let that crazy love spread out to other people. You should definitely pick this book up and read it at least two times to get everything.

Okay well, that's all I've got for my first blog post. Thanks for listening!

No comments: