Friday, March 19, 2010

Warm Almost Spring Day

I've just had a fabulous day today. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous in the upper 60s and bright and sunny. I was able to go to Edneyville Elementary School w/ my hubby today to have lunch with sweet Kori. He's so funny, and all of his friends were so talkative. I actually was able to see many kids from our church in the lunch room. I got a couple of hugs and lots of smiles. It was so sweet. I'm looking forward to getting to go back and have lunch there again.

I was also able to ride to the top of Shumont today with a friend scouting out some photo-shoot locations for her family portraits. It's so beautiful up there (I even snapped a few photos of her kids), and we found some great places that we're going to go to once the trees grows some leaves and flowers.

I also was able to go for another run today. I haven't posted it up here, but I'm getting my body back in good running condition so I can do the PB&J 5K on May 1st to raise awareness for childhood obesity. I'm also hoping to get in good enough form to do the Grandfather Mountain Marathon this summer. It feels so good to be running again. My lungs and heart and just my whole body need this fresh air and exercise.

Now, to end this day we're cooking out with friends, and then Amy is taking me to Wal-Mart at midnight for my early birthday present to buy New Moon on DVD. So all in all, today has been near perfect! :D

No comments: