Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 11, January 19, 2012

Today has been a wonderful day. The gifts I was to look for today were: a grace in the kitchen, a grace in the weather, a grace that might never have been.


A grace in the kitchen: Pizza. My husband was really sweet and stopped and got pizza on the way home so I wouldn't have to cook night. I love pizza so much! I know it's not good for you, but everything in moderation.

A grace in the weather: So I didn't get a picture of this, but it was sunny today. Very cold, but sunny. We haven't had much sun here recently, so it was great to see the sun peaking up bright over the mountains this morning. It was really a blessing.

A grace that might never have been: So this year, I've made some business goals. One of those goals is to step out of my comfort zone. One of the ways I wanted to do that was learn more about business. I have a friend who also owns his own business, and he told me about a small business conference in Hendersonville, NC that was going on today. My husband couldn't go with me, so I really didn't want to go, but I decided to get over my fears and just do it. My friend also went, and he let me hang out with him all day. I had such a great time, and I feel like I've learned some helpful new things. I'm really motivated to work on my photography business now. Thankful my friend thought of me and told me about today or this motivation may never have been.

No comments: