Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 2, January 10, 2012

My gifts/graces to look for today were: a gift that's sour, a gift that's sweet, and a gift that's just right.

1. a gift that's sour: I think this would have to be my little boy. Man we had a rough morning. He was in a sour mood, and I even cried after he got on the bus stop because of how bad our morning was. Even though he was in a sour mood, I'm still incredibly grateful for the gift God has given me in my son. For those who don't know, we've only had our son for 6.5 months. He's 7 years old, and he's our foster son right now, but we're in the process of adopting him. I did some research late last night on his name, Shaun. His name means God is gracious. I posted on facebook last night about how much that meaning overwhelmed me. My husband and I have experienced the pain and loss of our first child through miscarriage, and we've just really struggled in the conceiving department. We felt God calling us to let go and become foster parents, and that's what we've done, and we've been so blessed. So I guess that's another sour gift I'm thankful for, my miscarriage. I didn't really want kids until we were pregnant, and then we lost our first child. God completely broke me and changed my heart, and now I have a sour and sweet boy. :) Unfortunately, I can't post photos of my boy until he's adopted. You just wait though, you'll be overwhelmed with photos of his gorgeousness. Wait til you see his eyes!

2. a gift that's sweet: So a little more light-hearted. I do weight watchers, and today I was really good with my points, so I allowed myself to get a Hershey's Sundae Pie at Burger King. One of my favorite things ever. It's perfectly sweet and delicious, and I'm so thankful God allows me to taste such deliciousness.

3. a gift that's just right: My husband's embrace. I could probably write about him everyday! He's so incredibly supportive of me. When I was in tears this morning, he just held me and it comforted me so much. He's so protective of me and he loves me with a love I've never known from another human being. He makes me feel so adored. He is just. right.

No comments: