Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 14 & 15, January 22 & 23, 2012

So, I'm like 4 days behind on my blogging. I'm sorry. Life just happens sometimes. I've been trying to keep track of my gifts, some of the days are running together though. So here are my gifts from 4 days ago that I was to look for: one grace wrinkled, one grace smoothed, one grace unfolded.

Just so you know, this photo is edited a little with some skin smoothing. It doesn't show my wrinkles too well, but I promise they are there under my eyes and around my mouth. :)

One grace wrinkled: My face. I know, my face isn't super wrinkled, but I do have some. They are smile lines though, which I think is a gift. It means I smile and laugh alot. I have a hilarious husband, so that means I laugh all the more. Laughing, especially with my husband, is my favorite thing to do, and I think the fact that I'm getting smile lines/wrinkles at only 25 years old is a gift from God. Even though I wouldn't mind having them smoothed out a little. :)

One grace unfolded: So I'm going a little out of order, and this wasn't from 4 days ago, but it was still a grace unfolded. This one was a letter I'd written to my husband. Marriage is hard work, and we don't always get it right, especially me. It's about to get real here. I wrote my husband a letter the other day because I've really been struggling in our marriage. I've been battling my own personal sins, and I had to own up to that and ask my husband to help me. I had to ask him to lead me and pursue me. We've both been kinda slack here recently, and we just had things we needed to deal with. I'm not going to get into the details here, but my husband took my letter, unfolded it, read, and received it with so much grace. Our marriage is stronger for it, and I'm so looking forward to how God is going to continue to grow us closer to Him and closer to each other.

One grace smoothed: This relates to the last one, but my marriage. It was a little bumpy, but it's beginning to smooth out. Anyone who makes you think marriage doesn't take work is a liar. I'm constantly reminding myself that God uses marriage to make us holy. I don't have to be happy in my marriage all the time, but I always have to keep my focus on the Lord. It's not always easy to love my husband, and I know it's not always easy for him to love me (trust me, I'm not the easiest person to live with). That's why marriage can be a wonderful representation of Christ and His church. It's about agape love (unconditional). My husband and I have to choose to love each other through the ugly stuff that sometimes gets in the way. How thankful I am that I have a gracious husband who loves me with all of his heart. I'm one blessed girl.

Okay, now onto January 23rd. This day I was supposed to write about 3 gifts found in Christ. This one I'll keep simple, but that doesn't mean I'm any less thankful for these gifts. I'm overwhelmed when I think of these gifts from my Lord.

1. Grace
2. Forgiveness
3. Reconciliation

No comments: