Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 7, January 15, 2012

Today the gifts I was to look for were: one thing you wore, one thing you gave away, one thing you shared. Today was easy to find God's gifts in. There were just so many I was thankful for, and I could make this post very long, but it's very late and I'm super sleepy, so I'll just stick to the ones I'm supposed to write about today.


One thing I wore today: My Granny Jo's locket. She passed away on July 2, 2011, and it was such a shock to us all. Life is so incredibly fragile, but I am so thankful for the hope I have in Christ. My Granny Jo was such a godly woman, she loved the Lord with her whole heart, and I know she is with Him now. What better place to be in. I was given this locket of my Granny Jo's after she passed, and I really cherish it. It's so beautiful, and I wear it quite often. It always makes me think of her and smile.


One thing I gave away: This weekend we've had a teenager foster child with us for respite care. Today at church, she prayed for God to forgive her sins and for Christ to become Lord of her life. She was so broken, and we had a good time talking after church. Our associate pastor gave her a Bible, so this afternoon I spent a little bit of time writing notes in the back of her Bible to encourage her and giving her different Bible verses to look up and several books of the Bible to start reading. I also gave her 3 Christian books/devotionals that I used when I was in high school. I really pray that she'll use these all now that she's back with her foster mom. I hope she'll grow in the Lord and listen to His guiding in her life. I'm excited to see where she'll go.


My friend Amy and her kiddos.
One thing I shared: A sweet moment with my best friend, Amy, after church. My friend Amy came and sat with me and really encouraged me tonight, and we shared a hug together after. I won't share what she said here, but it was such a blessing to me tonight, and I'm so thankful that she said what she did. I love you Amy!

No comments: