Friday, January 13, 2012

One Thousand Gifts: Day 5, January 13, 2012

Today has been sooo much better than yesterday, and I've found so much joy and happiness in it. Today's gifts are 3 sounds you hear.

So the first sound, the sound of my husband agreeing to let me stay in bed and rest and him saying he'd get our son ready for school. You see, my husband was off today, and he couldn't have taken it as a chance to sleep in and rest, but he didn't. He knows I haven't been sleeping well at all this week, and last night I actually did with the help of melatonin. He let me catch up on my rest, and I woke up feeling so much better. What a gift that was! Yeah, my hubster is the best.

The second sound was the sound of a little girl telling her sister that it's okay to throw up. Hehe...I know this one seems weird. Let me explain, today my husband not only let me sleep in, but he took me to two of my favorite places to eat, Hot Dog World for lunch and Yogurt World for dessert. Well, while we were at Yogurt World a daddy with his two little girls came in (one may have been 2 years old and the other one maybe 4). They were so excited about getting frozen yogurt, but out of nowhere the youngest one began to throw up. She threw up several times, and one of the owners got her a bucket while the dad cleaned up the floor. The big sister stood by her little sister, and put a hand on her little sister's back. She leaned into her sister and in such a reassuring and encouraging voice she said, "It's okay to throw-up." It was just so sweet to see such love between little sisters. It brought joy to my heart, and we were all laughing at how adorable they were. So a weird place to find joy, but still joy none the less.

The third sound was probably my favorite sound all day that brought me the most joy. Tonight my husband took out his new Macbook and pulled up photobooth. For those that don't know what that is, you can choose different settings and it distorts your face in all sorts of funny ways. Well, Eric showed it to our son, and our son thought it was the funniest thing ever. He made all sorts of silly faces, and I don't think I've ever heard my son laugh so hard, which in turn made my husband and I laugh to the point of almost crying. It was so precious and so sweet. Laughter does a heart good, especially laughter shared with your spouse and child. :)
Our headless child. He thought this was so funny. This is the closest thing you guys can get of a photo of him until he's adopted.

My husband doing the Jay Leno chin and me with a crazy eye, and  our kid's forehead. You see why we were laughing so hard?

No comments: